I've been working on the blog quite a bit these last few days, but seeing as most of it is behind-the-scenes, you may not have noticed it. I'm going to sum up the changes today, but I would also like to ask if there is anything you're missing, if there are any Hellenistic resources you would love to have integrated into this blog.  Think about that while you read through the changes since I last did one of these.

  • First and foremost, I have added a new page to the blog: the Hellenic festival year. It combines and expands upon my post about the sacred lunar month, Hesiod's auspicious days and the many festivals native to ancient Hellas. This page--especially descriptions of the festivals--will be expanded upon in the coming weeks. Even in its current form, it should provide a reliable and somewhat complete base for modern practice. You can find it on the left hand side, in the third block down.
  • On the Hellenic festival page, I link to my personal Gmail Calendar, which I have added to my smartphone calendar for easy reference. Feel free to do so as well, but note that all times are native to Amsterdam. If you're a way's away, it may be handiest to use the calendar as a reference guide. All new days start at 6 P.M., for the simple reason that it was easier to set a fixed time, than go by the actual sundown times. There is a calendar for that, though. 
  • While we're in the spirit of calendars; I have added a block to the left hand side--the second one--which displays the current date in both the Gregorian calendar, as the ancient Hellenic one. Seeing as the new day starts at sundown, the Hellenic calendar always has two dates, the first being the 'body' of the day, and the second, the date of the day after sunset.
  • Also on the left hand side, in the fifth block down, you will find a search function for the blog. If you don't want to bother with tags, or want to quickly reference something, this is the way to do it. I've tested it and it's very accurate. 
  • The Pagan Blogroll on the bottom of the left hand side has been updated with a few new blogs you may be interested in if you like Baring the Aegis.
  • In case you were unaware, Baring the Aegis can be found on many social media types. I have Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts that I update whenever there is a new post.
  • I have begun the process of cleaning up my tags. It was getting out of hand, and there are a few posts in various series I forgot to include into their respective tags, which makes them hard to find for people who would--for example--like to catch up with my Pagan Blog Project posts. Bear with me, though, this project is definitely not completed.
  • The Hellenic terminology page was recently updated with the terms from all previous posts and a little more. This link can be quickly referenced in the third block down, on the left hand side.
Baring the Aegis is now officially seven months old. The time has flown by. It only feels like three months have passed--max. Yet, I have learned a lot, too much to fit into three months. Seven was barely enough. I still feel very blessed I am able to keep this blog up on a daily basis. Some days it's a challenge, but I always enjoy it very, very much. Your kind feedback, critical words and suggestions is what drives this place, so keep it coming. Speaking of which; have you thought of anything you would like to have readily available? Leave that suggestion in the comments, please, or send me an e-mail at the Gmail account 'baring.the.aegis'.

On an unrelated note: a while ago, I bought a small Amphoriskos with an image of a female with a sun motive behind it, and a dolphin on the other side. I've been trying to identify the original image this modern one was interpreted off of, and identify is a Theos is depicted. And if so, who it is. If you can offer assistance, I'd be much obliged. 


As always, thank you for visiting. It's you guys who make blogging worth while.