I should have posted this yesterday, but yesterday, I couldn't find the words. I also didn't know if it was my place to comment. I don't know anyone from or in Boston, and I live way across the pond, so in all fairness, there is nothing that binds me to the events that unfolded there, and to the victims. Nothing but common decency and human empathy. As such, I will still comment--like every blogger--because I want to be a voice that speaks out against the crazy, the destructive, and the cowardly. I will not be silent in the face of fear mongering and murder. As such, I offer a prayer today, to the Theoi, with my wishes for Their involvement in the resolution of this terrible event.

"May Hermes Psychopompos carry the souls of the dead safely cross the river Styx.
May Hades accept them favorably, and may the judges judge them fairly.
May Asklēpiós tend to the wounds of the injured
May Ares instill in them the passion of life, and the strength of a thousand warriors.
May Hypnos sooth their weary minds, and cloud them in sleep
May Dionysos calm their terror.
May They offer the same to emergency personnel and passers-by who were witnesses.
May Dikē who weeps at the injustice done upon all touched by this tragedy, clutch the strong thigh of Zeus the All-wise, and beg of Him the severest of punishment.
May All-Mighty Zeus send winged Nemesis to administer swift judgement.
May Her judgement take from the guilty parties an equal or greater price than their victims have had to pay.
May Hēlios the All-seeing whisper truths to law enforcement, and guide the investigation swiftly towards those who conceived and executed this terrible crime.
May Athena led Her aid to them.
May Zeus the All-mighty bless those who ran not from the area, but towards it, in an attempt to offer aid to those wounded or dead.
May he look favorably upon those who ran away as well, as the will to live is at the core of every mortal's life.
To all Theoi: a last plea. To protect those whom the media will persecute, but are innocent of the crime.
To protect the innocent scapegoat from the actions of a species in the grips of fear and revenge."

This is my prayer, may it echo in your.