After writing yesterday's blogpost, I took to Youtube and found the video you see below, explaining a bit more about the Erechteion and the karyatides. It's very informative, and yes, I probably should have Youtubed this before I posted yesterday's blog post about the karyatides. Sorry about that. I was going to go back and edit the blog post, but I don't like doing that, so you're getting it today under the label 'this is not a real blog post'. Better work from me tomorrow, everyone, excuzes moi.

 
The video was made by professor Kenney Mencher as a part of his lecture series. From his website:
 
"Originally from New York, NY, Kenney Mencher earned a BA and MA in Art History from City University of New York and University of California, Davis, respectively, following which he went on to obtain a MFA in painting from the University of Cincinnati in Ohio. He has taught at a number of institutions including the University of Chicago and Texas A&M University, and now teaches at Ohlone College in Fremont, California. He is the author of a text book Liaisons: Readings in Art, Literature and Philosophy. His exposure via solo and group exhibitions is extensive nationwide."