Near the beginning of the blog, I posted about my daily rituals. The idea was to inform you about what I do, but I also posted it as a way for me to look back on the journey I have made. The original post can be found here, and an update from a good while later here. I came across that second post yesterday and realized that again much has changed. As such, I wanted to present you guys with another update. Again, please keep in mind that this sounds much better in Dutch.

Night time prayers (before bed):

Preparation:
  • Pour wine in my kylix
  • Empty water bowl and fill anew with water previously prepared by mixing tap water with sea water and asking Okeanos' blessing
  • Empty sacrificial bowl
  • Add ethanol to sacrificial bowl
  • Lay out a match and a hand towel
  • Lay out (dried) herbs or scented wood
Rite:
  • Procession to the shrine
  • Strewing of barley groats on the altar
  • Preparation of khernips 
  • Purification – washing of hands and face, sprinkling the room and altar with fingers
  • Add khernips to wine
"Blessed Okeanos, may your bright waters purify this space, and prepare both me, and it, for the rites that are about to unfold."
  • Lighting of Hestia's candle (if not yet burning, mine almost always is), as well as the ethanol to burn sacrifices in
  • Hymn and prayers to Hestia
"Blessed Goddess Hestia, you who tend the holy house of the lord Apollo, the Far-shooter at goodly Pytho, with soft oil dripping ever from your locks, come now into this house, come, having one mind with Zeus the all-wise—draw near, and withal bestow grace upon my song.
Blessed Goddess Hestia, accept this offering of honey sweet wine, and guard this house as you guard the houses of all who sacrifice to you. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
"Blessed Nyx, Goddess of night. She who holds the world in her dark embrace, and Selene, Goddess of the moon, who illuminates the night like a torch. Accept this offering of sweetest wine, and come always, as the day follows the night. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
"Blessed Hypnos, Morpheus, Gods of sleep and dreams, respectively. Accept this offering of honey sweet wine, and grant me equally sweet sleep, and even sweeter dreams. Carry my mind far beyond the limits of my imagination. Accept my prayer, and allow me to rise rested and rejuvenated so I may continue my hard work. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
  • Libation to Hypnos and Morpheus
  • Hymns, prayers and libations to the night time or Khthonic Theoi whose sacred day it is, or any night time or Khthonic Theoi whom I feel the need to pray and sacrifice to.
  • Hymn and prayer to Hekate
"I call Einodian Hekate, lovely dame, of earthly, wat'ry, and celestial frame, Sepulchral, in a saffron veil array'd. Goddess of the night, companion to Persephone, the Queen of the Underworld. You, key bearer of this world. Accept my offering of honey sweet wine, and guard the borders of this house as you guard the borders of the houses of all who sacrifice to you. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
  • Libation to Hekate
  • Hymn to Hestia
"Blessed Goddess Hestia, Goddess of home and hearth. To you, I offer last of all, as any pious mortal should. Tend to those whom I love, and guard the houses of the pious. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
  • Drink remaining wine
  • Extinguishing of the candle or replace with electric one, as I always do.
  • Clean up and off to bed

Day time prayers (after waking up):

Preparation:
  • Pour water in my kylix
  • Add ethanol to sacrificial bowl
  • Lay out a packet of matches and a hand towel
Rite:
  • Procession to the shrine
  • Strewing of barley groats on the altar
  • Purification – washing of hands and face, sprinkling the room and altar with fingers
  • Add khernips to wine
"Blessed Okeanos, may your bright waters purify this space, and prepare both me, and it, for the rites that are about to unfold."
  • Lighting of Hestia's candle, as well as the ethanol to burn sacrifices in, and the incense burner
  • Hymn and prayers to Hestia
"Blessed Goddess Hestia, you who tend the holy house of the lord Apollo, the Far-shooter at goodly Pytho, with soft oil dripping ever from your locks, come now into this house, come, having one mind with Zeus the all-wise—draw near, and withal bestow grace upon my song.
Blessed Goddess Hestia, accept this offering of honey sweet wine, and guard this house as you guard the houses of all who sacrifice to you. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
"Blessed Goddes Eos, Goddess of the bright dawn. You who speed forth from the gates of heaven before everyone else; Hêmera, blessed Goddess who pulls back the veil of darkest night; and Hēlios, God of the sun; He who brings light and warmth to all on earth, accept this libation of honey sweet wine and come always, as the night follows the day. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
  • Libation to Eos, Hêmera, and Hēlios
  • Hymns, prayers and libations to the Ouranic Theoi whose sacred day it is, or any Ouranic Theoi whom I feel the need to pray and sacrifice to.
  • Hymns and prayers to Athena
"Come forth, blessed Athena, Sacker of Cities, golden-helmeted, who rejoices in the din of horse and shield. Guard over this house. May your shield protect us always and may your spear slay any who wishes us harm."
"Blessed Asklēpiós, Giver of Health, prophet in the night, You who has the most lovely of daughters, may your blessings forever reach my home."
"And to the household deities I offer libations, to Zeus Kthesios, Zeus Ephestios, Zeus Herkeios, Apollon Aguieus, Hermes Propylaios, and Agathós Daímōn, in gratitude of all you have bestowed upon me."
  • Libations to the household Gods
  • Hymns and prayers to Zeus and Hera
"Blessed Zeus, King of Gods, and protector of the household, and Hera, Queen of the Gods, and protector of unions: guard mankind, and share with us the wisdom and strenth to worship the Theoi as they should be worshipped. Guard those I love, and all who need protection. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
  • Libations to Zeus and Hera
  • Hymn to Hestia
"Blessed Goddess Hestia, Goddess of home and hearth. To you, I offer last of all, as any pious mortal should. Tend to those whom I love, and guard the houses of the pious. As the Gods will it, so shall it be."
  • Drink remaining wine
  • Extinguish incense burner
  • Clean up and on with the day