I've been contemplating this expansion for a while, but I have finally decided to make the leap: today, I opened a Baring The Aegis Tumblr. For those of you who don't know what a Tumblr is... well, there is really no use explaining, is there, but here goes anyway:  Tumblr is a microblogging platform and social networking website founded by David Karp and owned by Yahoo! Inc. The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. The idea is to post and reblog content to form your own page. Social interaction is made easy by the possibility to reply to blog posts, reblog them to add your own commentary, or to contact the blogger directly through a multitude of forms.

Quite a few of you find this blog through blog posts by Tumblr users, and I quite enjoy that. I'm on Tumblr with a personal blog (and seeing as it's personal and completely non-Hellenic, you aren't getting the link to that) and figured the added work of running a Hellenic Tumblr blog would be offset quite easily by Tumblr's easy blogging features. So, while I have not yet decided how, exactly, this will work, the Tumblr page is up for you to follow.

As far as I can figure now, the blog will feature links to the blog itself, reblogs of others when appropriate, and will serve as a way for you to get in touch with me easily. The good thing about Tumblr is that it allows anonymous messaging, so if you've always wanted to ask me something you were a little nervous about, here is your chance. I've opened up all messaging types, so you should even be able to contact me anonimously even if you don't have a Tumblr yourself.

I hope to see you there!